Thursday, August 16, 2007

Informing others once again

After quite a while of totally avoiding blogging, I find myself drawn back into it. Why? My mission buddies have blogs. I used to know how to do it, myself. I'm more interesting when what I have to say is written down. It's easier for people to see what we're doing. Good reasons, all. However, the first and foremost reason that I can think of is that I am no longer being forced to blog anything. The first blog I had (deleted at least two years ago) contained only the things that I was compelled by my instructor to post. With schooling blessedly behind me, I can decide what I think is relevant. Or fun. This one was started shortly after graduation as a way to keep all of my teaching things in one place and for links to yummy recipes. I suppose the teaching things are still there if I feel the need to torture myself in public education again. With any luck I may actually keep on top of talking about life.


The above picture was taken a few weeks ago at Eric's 10 year high school reunion. We had a great time meeting up with his friends from PG high school. Turnout wasn't the best, but it was still enjoyable. I'm waiting to see what mine is like in another year.

1 comment:

Cicada said...

I view my blog as a form of jounaling. When I was in high school I was good at keeping a journal, but I wrote a bunch of crap in it that I would never want anyone to read. By writing a blog, I'm already writing what I am comfortable with others reading, so it solves that problem.