Monday, October 19, 2009

Tokyo is Visiting

My morning walk with my aunt took us downtown today. We started close to the Nu Skin building and quickly realized there must be a convention or something.  A couple of buses had just finished unloading their passengers and the people were spread around the Nu Skin building taking pictures.  Lots and lots of pictures judging by the number of cameras I saw.  Everyone was Asian.  From what I understand, Nu Skin is big in Japan.  People who were not taking pictures by the building were standing in a line or taking pictures at a building across the street.  My aunt and I needed to get across the street, as did the throng of picture taker who were not yet in the line.  There was quite a group of us waiting for the light to change green.  As we crossed the street I was in danger of hitting people who kept cutting in front of the stroller to get to the line.  I really wanted to say, "Umm...you're kind of in my way," until I remembered the video below.  Things are a little different in Provo and Japan.

It's a whole different world that I'm not used to.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! Just crazy wow! I must say, however, that I've seen the NYC subways at rush hour and there is some pretty intense people-cramming there as well...nothing that takes 4 attendants, but still something I didn't want to be a part of!

Charlotte said...

Oh my gosh! I really really hope it isn't like that all the time! Is it really worth it to those people to be on that particular train? I would just wait for the next one!