Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Month of Thanks: Day 30

Jesus Christ.  Without my Savior I would be nothing.  I'm grateful for His life and teachings, His atoning sacrifice, and His influence on my life.  My testimony of the atonement has grown from knowing it was for the whole world to understanding that it's for me as an individual to appreciating that it is for the people I love.  Because of my Savior I can feel the joys of repentance and forgiveness.  It is available to all.  I love the words of Elder Boyd K. Packer:
Nowhere are the generosity and the kindness and mercy of God more manifest than in repentance. Do you understand the consummate cleansing power of the Atonement made by the Son of God, our Savior, our Redeemer? He said, “I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent.” In that supernal act of love, the Savior paid the penalties for our sins so that we might not have to pay.
For those who truly desire it, there is a way back. Repentance is like unto a detergent. Even ground-in stains of sin will come out.

No one who desires it is outside the power of the Redeemer to become clean, to grow as a person, and to overcome the world.

2 comments:

[Morgan] said...

love this.
thanks jordan;)

Charlotte said...

Thanks for all the posts about what you're grateful for. It helps me to remember to be grateful for everything I have too!