Friday, October 12, 2007

Impromptu Poetry

Last night on Cash Cab there was a question about haiku poetry. After having studied poetry every single year in elementary school and never being able to retain a bit of it, I developed a deep and abiding dislike for both reading and writing poems. However, I thought that writing a haiku seemed easy enough. It was, so I wrote three. Technically they are supposed to have some connection to nature or seasons, but I like writing about trivial things around me.

Please Don't Fall Off

Unexpected spot
Purple beneath my toenail
When did I do that?


School Voucher Proponent

Man in TV debate says
Schools fear parent involvement.
Thoughts dumb as his hair



Sad Passage Into Winter

Pretty black sandals
Nice and comfy on my feet
I'll miss you dearly

Maybe I should enter a contest. Or just keep my sewing job.

2 comments:

Mariposa said...

i especially like "please don't fall off" I think all those who enjoy "reader's digest" would appreciate it. submit it and win the $50. then take me out to dinner b/c i gave you such a good idea!

Cicada said...

I own a shirt from threadless.com that says:

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.