I was going to write about the wonderful evening that was the get-together with the sisters from my mission untl I realized that almost 50% of the four people that actually read my blog are people I served with. Okay, that's not exactly true. Abbie wrote about it and posted the picture, so it's on her blog if you want to see it. I thought I would, however, address the reasons why I decided to cut my evening short and go home instead of to the actual reunion.
I really, really wanted to see three of my companions who would be there (Alma, Jen, and Lena), but I had other compelling reasons to stay home.
1. I haven't actually enjoyed the reunions for about two years now. They hurt my feel bads. There are always people there I was good friends with and was excited to see who seem to brush me off on their way to talk to someone else. Why would I put up with that? The one notable exception is one of the more awkward elders I served with. He is very sweet and silently follows me around the room until he feels comfortable enough to greet me. He then says hello, asks how I am, and then goes away. If I didn't know he's just shy it would kind of creep me out.
2. I wasn't feeling very well. On the day after my body informed me in no uncertain terms that I am NOT (remember the NOT) pregnant, it decided to make me morning sick all day. How annoying is that? Answer: very.
3. I didn't want to fight traffic and parking at BYU. In the rain.
4. I was halfway through making cinnamon rolls for conference.
5. While I was in line at Pudding on the Rice with the other sisters a guy behind us asked if he knew me. We were in choir together in high school. We chatted for a while and I realized that I was having a more meaningful conversation with a guy who couldn't remember my name than I would have with any of the elders I served with.
6. It was a combined reunion with the most recently returned president and I wasn't interested in wading through room crowded with missionaries I'd never met.
So, to Alma, Jen, and Lena: I really did want to see you all, and I'm sorry I didn't.
To Lily, Mary, Abbie, Amber, and Allyson: I had a lot of fun. Thanks.