Monday, November 19, 2007

Together We Cam

The stores are all decked out in full holiday glory and people are just starting to get into that lovely spirit of giving. If you are looking for a cause to donate to, may I suggest togetherweCam. It is for a BYU student named Cameron Williams who is battling stomach cancer. For more about him, go to the website, togetherweCam.org. I know Cameron personally. We served our missions together and even overlapped in the MTC. He's a great guy who has been going through a lot. For the past several weeks I've been asked what I want for Christmas and I haven't been able to come up with much. I have everything I want, except for the means to help with Cameron's treatment. The costs are staggering. I know (to a much smaller degree) the stress of paying for medical bills that originate from terrible circumstamces. If I could help his family feel less of that stress, I would. So, for the one or two people who read my blog that plan on getting me a present, donate to Cameron instead (information is on the website). For everyone else, I encourage you to see what you can do to help others. Cameron is a great possibility. He is in my prayers and I hope that others will include him, as well.

No comments: