Thanksgiving with Parental Set 2 was on Thursday. We had all the traditional things except dark meat and were treated to a show by the cat. Halfway through dinner Amber (Eric's sister) called out sharply to the cat. I was the only one confused about what evil the cat could be doing in the middle of dinner and turned around. The cat was preparing to evacuate her bowels on the rug. I didn't take a picture of that. Then she followed feline instinct by trying to kick pieces of rug over the top of it. The litter box gives much better burying results than the rug. We also took our Wii and enjoyed playing, as well as watching others play. The video is dark, but you get the idea.
Thanksgiving would not be complete without a list of some of the things I'm thankful for. I will list them in no particular order.
1. I am thankful for my loving and supportive husband, family and friends. Without them the last 7 months would have been impossible to bear.
2. I am thankful Monday nights on NBC. Chuck, Heroes, and Journeyman play all in a row and it's a wonderful thing.
3. I am thankful for a testimony of the gospel that makes my life complete and joyful.
4. I am thankful for Ann Taylor Loft sale prices. They allow me to buy pants I love at reasonable prices.
5. I am thankful for a job that is basically low stress and that I don't have to take home with me. Teaching didn't allow that.
6. I am thankful for European chocolate.
7. I am thankful for the necessities of life and that we have the means to provide them for ourselves.
8. I am thankful to be slowly but surely losing weight. Slowly means one pound every two to three weeks, but at least it's coming off.
9. I am thankful for Danskos. And for employee discounts.
10. I am thankful for hot showers, especially on cold mornings. What I'm not so thankful for is stepping into the cold air in the bathroom after the hot shower.
As a final send-off for this post, I have been thinking that Eric and I have not properly documented our married life. We have wedding pictures, then pictures from our cruise, 3 years after we were married and when we were both looking particularly fat. So, here is a picture of our first (photographically documented) Thanksgiving together.