Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How a Hot Shower Is Like a Campfire

After finishing my run in our cold garage I got on the computer to send a few pictures to Walmart.com to be developed (part of a Christmas present). By the time I had finished that I was freezing cold in my running shorts and shirt and more than ready for a nice hot shower to warm me up. Unfortunately, the shower was a little less than satisfactory. The water was plenty hot, but I realized it was acting like a campfire. The fire itself is not and hot, but the air around it is frosty. As soon as you feel like your hands and face are warm, your backside is distressingly cold. So you turn around and enjoy the warmth on your keister. Once that is defrosted your hands and face have turned blue again and you must turn around all over again. It's a vicious cycle. You can't get both sides warm at the same time. Maybe its just me that can't get warm enough in a hot shower on a frigid morning, but that's my gripe of the week.

No comments: