Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bad Day

So, you think you had a bad day? I bet I win. At least with the first half of the day. I'll give the short version on this blog, but for the more detail-oriented (or misery-loving), go to my other blog.


For the past several days I've had reason to believe that there is a problem with my pregnancy. The worry overcame me after a rough night. I decided to go to the doctor's office to check up on everything, except it was my doctor's day off. Because I was too distraught to wait until the next day I set an appointment with the other doctor in the clinic. I went with my mom because I had already dropped my husband off at school.

We got in to see the doctor and between him and the nurse they did a couple of routine tests on me (weight, blood pressure, pee in a cup; you get the idea). Then the doctor pulled out the doppler to try to find the baby's heartbeat. He was unsuccessful and I was thrown into complete misery. He left to find a different doppler to try again and I cried with my mom while she held my hand. When he came back with the other doppler he tried again. It took longer than I'd hoped, but he finally did find the baby's heartbeat. Joy as exquisite as was my pain is the phrase that comes to mind. I'm just so eternally thankful that it all worked out as well as it did.

1 comment:

mandy_moo said...

Hi, don't know if you remember me but just noticed you posted to me on my blog... LOL I hardly look at the thing, but I'm working on it. So sorry you're going through such troubles with your pregnancy. I hope things will go more smoothly in the future.

~Mandy :)