Monday, September 08, 2008

What I (and You) Can Do

Like many others I have been touched by the story of Stephanie and Christian Nielson, the couple whose plane crashed in Arizona. I won't go into their story, except to say that it is a worthy a cause as any I can think of. My heart breaks for them and their children. However, I feel that they will pull through no matter what happens. I have really wanted to be able to donate, but am not in a position to give anything. After having this baby we are living on our savings and I have neither time nor money available to share. This morning inspiration struck and I realized what I can do to help. As an Usborne Books consultant I earn a 25% commission on my sales. I set up an eShow on my website and I'll donate my commission to the cause. After thinking about it a little more I remembered that there is no hostess to receive the free books. Who better to give the books to than the Nielson children? So, I am trying to get the word out to anyone who is interested in helping. The link for the eShow is here, or just follow the "My Usborne Books" link on the sidebar and click on "Nie Recovery" on the top right side of the page. What I ask of you is to advertise it on your blogs, as well. I don't make any money on it, so it's not a business tactic for me. It's just the only way I can help this family in need. Thanks.

2 comments:

Alida B. said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! Did you let her sister know? That way you can get even more traffic to your blog and more people will be able to purchase! Fantabulous Jordan!

[Morgan] said...

Awesome, I just held an eshow as a fundraiser for preschool, but was thinking about taking some books from usborne to them as well. great minds must think alike huh?
You are very generous.
I had a few music questions for you about primary but can't track down your email address in my folder of too many things, (I thought emailing them to you would be easiest!)
Would you mind sending me your address to my address? ha ha.
2peasinmypod(at)gmail(dot) com