Saturday, December 27, 2008

101 in 1001

Last week I stumbled upon a blog that had an interesting feature to it. The author is working on a list of 101 things to be completed in 1001 days. The idea intrigued me and I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I'm going to do it. I'm not usually a fan of New Year's resolutions and have a strict policy of not making any. Well, it's too close to the new year not to just start then, so that's what I'm doing. That will give me time to plan and refine all 101 things I want to do. I mention it here just in case it sounds good to anyone else. You can go to the site that has the rules here. There is a link on the left side to see other people's lists. That was helpful to me. A lot of them have categorized lists, which is a big help for me in coming up with 101 things. I still have another 12 goals to think of before January 1st. I'll list my categories and if you can think of anything good to go with them, please comment and let me know. I'm sure I'll be able to think of what I want, but it's easier if other people suggest things. When I have my list ready I will post it. Here are my categories in alphabetical order, mostly stolen from other people's lists:

Church/spiritual
Community/friends
Cooking/food
Crafts
Family/parenting
Finances/Usborne
Health/fitness
Home organization
Personal history
Personal enrichment/fun
Travel

If you have an idea for an entirely different category, let me know that, too. I want to make this list something that I am motivated to do.

No comments: