Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Striking Out On My Own

A post or two ago I said that my pay for work changed drastically with little notice. I was not exaggerating in the slightest. I've been hoping that, after this pay period, we will be reviewing whether or not this new pay scale works. It might be beneficial to one of my girls who works part time, but it means a pay cut for me. So now I have to be creative when it comes to filling in the gaps made by the pay cut. I have been working on stepping up my Usborne business and that is working well. However, I am also starting my own little tailoring business. I am good at it and the money is more quickly available through alterations. This morning I bought my very own blind hem machine and it will probably be here early next week. None of my current customers need any blind hems, but someday soon there will be someone who does want one.

So, if you or anyone you know needs alterations done, SEND THEM MY WAY. I am always looking for business, and the more word of mouth I can get, the better off I'll be.

Also, if you know anyone who would want to see the new Kane/Miller books that Usborne acquired, send me an email. I am always looking for potential customers and hostesses.

1 comment:

Rachel and Todd said...

Hi! I'm Danette Ottosen's sister-in-law and I saw a link to your blog on her blog, and I'm glad to know that I can contact you for alterations or send friends your way! I'll keep you in mind. :)