Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cooky Press


A year or so ago my granny gave my mom an old aluminum "cooky and pastry" press.  When I say it's old, I mean it.  I'm not sure when it was made but you can get an idea from the picture.  My mom wasn't interested and I happily took it off her hands.  I thought it would be fun to use it to make cookies in fun shapes.  Until yesterday it stayed in the box.  There's no better time than Christmas to pull out that kind of stuff and get your mommyness on, right?

I decided on the gingersnap recipe in the accompanying recipe book, just to make sure I got the right kind of dough for the press.  The results?

These are Christmas trees



These are camels.  Most of them were headless.



These are flowers and diamonds I had to remove from the cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop because I put the spatula in the dishwasher and started it before I remembered I would need it for the last batch.



You couldn't tell?

No comments: