Friday, December 24, 2010

This Year's Christmas Song

Two years ago I wrote this post with my feelings about a Christmas song. I should have done it again last year with another song, but I didn't. I'll write it up this year. Hopefully I'll make this a tradition.

Do You Hear What I Hear has been one of my favorites since junior high. I don't know why. I just really liked it. While listening to it last year I paid closer attention to words from the third verse:


Said the shepherd boy to the mighty king,
"Do you know what I know?
In your palace warm, mighty king,
Do you know what I know?"

I love these words because it is a reminder that the Lord speaks to those who are humble and willing to let Him into their hearts. God is no respecter of persons, but will give light and knowledge to those who seek. The blessings of eternity are available to all who follow after Christ. Those who know must share it so others can know and partake of the joy.

I also love that, in the fourth verse, the mighty king has accepted and then testifies to his people:

The child, the child sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light.
He will bring us goodness and light.

Merry Christmas to all and May we all take Christ into our hearts and accept the blessings our Heavenly Father is waiting to give. Merry Christmas.

No comments: