Monday, October 10, 2011

Moving Forward

I hope I don't get in trouble for this one.  A few weeks ago I followed a link someone sent me.  It took me to a blog post written about a serious subject.  The writer made some excellent points about being sensitive to other people and the things they may be feeling.  However, a thought kept popping up in my head as I read.  "But no matter what happens to you, the world around you keeps on spinning."

We do need to watch what we say to other people and think about it before we open our mouths.  I've said terrible things before simply because I let the words fall out my mouth without a thought.  I'm really sorry for those times.  The opposite side of the coin is that people are going to say things to a mass audience (Facebook, anyone?) with no intent to offend or make anyone sad.  That's when we need to either let the comments roll off our backs or just let them go.  It's human nature to think of ourselves first.  For me, learning the fine art of moving on was as important to my happiness as learning to be mindful of others.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm totally with you. I think if you're in the mood to find offense you can find offense at anything. Obviously, I try not to make remarks that will cause pain as well, but letting things go is a very important life lesson!