Tuesday, February 07, 2012

My Body's Revenge

For the past seven months I've been in (almost) complete control of my body.  I'm one of those foolish people that avoids getting sick by denying that I'm getting sick and trying to push on with life.  You'd be surprised how often it actually works.  When I found out I was pregnant in the middle of framing the house I made the determination that I wouldn't let a silly thing like pregnancy slow me down.  I wanted the house to be ready before the baby was.  Mission accomplished.

It seems my body has decided to reclaim itself from the control of my mind.  I spent seven months allowing you to work like nothing had changed.  Now it's my turn.  Mwahahahahaha!  I kid you not, it was as if a switch flipped and my body decided to make up for the missed pregnancy symptoms.  We finished the house, painted, moved in, and then had a family party.  The morning after things calmed down my body pushed its evil plot to get back at me into full gear.  There was even an hour or so last night when I thought I might go into early labor, all from my body's spite at not being more in control.  I think the only thing I can do now to appease my body's lust for revenge is to give into it and eat all the chocolate donuts it demands.

No comments: