Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tribute to Cameron Williams

A friend of mine died this morning. I posted about him last year. He has been fighting valiantly and gone through many struggles. Cameron and I served in the same mission. I remember him being a great missionary who worked hard and was friendly to everyone. We met in the MTC. He was a fireball. We didn't get a lot of chance to work together, but he always remembered me when we met. The world is missing a great person.

As much as everyone will feel his loss, I am comforted to know that he left a great mark. I also feel that he was able to choose to leave this life and move on to the next. There is work to do that was waiting for him. Just as he has been in my prayers, his family will be. They have been stalwart, faithful, and brave as he struggled. It is, of course, a difficult loss for them. I pray that they will be blessed and comforted both spiritually and temporally. There are still expensive treatments to be paid for and I hope they will be helped. They have a memorial/benefit concert planned for March 8th that I plan to attend.

I'm glad I was able to have known him personally. Please pray for the Williams family in this diffcult time. Cameron, hai finito il tuo lavoro. Ben fatto.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Oh sadness. I knew he was sick but the last I had heard he was recovering somewhat. :( Thanks for the post. I don't think I would have known otherwise.