Thursday, December 04, 2008

Blogging: The Final Frontier

For the past couple of days I have been working myself to the bone trying to get ready for an Usborne books open house. I only decided on Sunday that I wanted to do it (didn't occur to me before then) and I'm trying to get everything organized before Saturday. When I say this is an open house, I don't mean that it's a regular home show. I borrowed a substantial number of books from my supervisor so that my customer can look at the books, decide what they want, buy, and take their purchases home with them. Technically they could still buy things I don't have and the books would come before Christmas, but I imagine people would rather have the items in hand this close to the holiday. I digress.

Over the past two days I have papered the neighborhood (basically my ward boundaries) with flyers (over 150 of them) to announce the event. I have obsessed about how to arrange the display. I have nearly pulled my hair out trying to figure out how I'm going to get everything cleaned and ready before Saturday while working my regular job and taking care of the baby. Now that I've done most of the work (except the cleaning and setting up) there is just one thing I'm really concerned about...attendance. I'm scared to death that after all that work I'll only have five people show up.

So now I open the event to you all, my blogging buddies. Both of you. I'm having the open house for Usborne books on Saturday from 11-4. If you know where my house is, please stop by for a minute to check out the books and see if there is anything you want for a child in your life. If you don't know where I live, leave me a comment and I'll email the address to you. If you live too far away or can't come, click on the duck to the right and it will direct you to my website. Then say a little prayer in your heart that people may actually show up at this shindig.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I hope your party really does go well. I wish I were there to come! I just love those books!