Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

This picture was taken this morning at the zoo right after the bird show.  We went there with my in-laws and really enjoyed ourselves.  I love that I was able to spend the morning with the people I love.  I really appreciated that during the bird show they thanked all those serving or who had served in the armed forces.  That is always a subject dear to my heart, as I have had many family members in the military.  My husband is in the National Guard, my father in law recently retired after many years serving in the Guard, my grandfather served in the Korean War and missed my father's birth while there, and I have several other family members that have chosen to do what they can to protect our freedoms.  It was a wonderful day and a good time to remember those who sacrifice so much.

No comments: